What is the Commitment Jesus is Asking Me to Make?: What do you think it means to follow a Jesus? What examples have you seen who successfully follow Jesus?
Steve was a student at San Diego state University. He was not a Christian. He heard the good news of the Gospel of Christ. He was so excited about the change in his life in knowing Christ, he devoured the Bible and began to grow deeper in his relationship with Jesus. He came to hear Jesus say in Matthew…” Follow me and I will make you a fisher of men.” Steve took this so deeply to heart he wanted to see God give him men who would come to Christ. He eventually prepared himself to go overseas to reach men in the Philippines for Christ. He followed, and Jesus made him a “FISHER OF MEN.” Filipino men trusted Christ. What is the commitment Jesus is asking of his disciples?
DIGGING INTO THE BIBLE:
When Jesus began his public ministry, he began to teach about the Kingdom of God. There were many people who came around to listen and try to understand this Kingdom teaching. He preached “Repent of your sins for the Kingdom of God is near.” From this teaching there were some who were drawn to Jesus and wanted to know more. There were four fishermen who heard this message and they began to spend time listening. Soon there was a time that Jesus said to them Matthew 4:19:
“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”
DISCUSSION AND DISCOVERY:
1. What is the commitment Jesus was asking for in this passage?
2. What does it mean to follow Jesus?
3. What does it take to trust Jesus in this invitation?
4. What did Jesus say he would do? How does this request from Jesus work itself out?
5. What did he promise he would do?
APPLICATION AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
6. Why are these statements relevant to us?
7. What do you feel the commitment Jesus is asking from you?
8. When will you make that decision?
9. What will you start doing to follow Jesus?
DIGGING IN DEEPER:
1. What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
2. How do you see applying aspects of this lesson of it to your life?
3. When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
4. What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
For further information check out: https://coachthebible.com