Understanding the Message of the Bible:
What makes us feel guilty when we know we have done something wrong? What makes that sin?
Dig Into the Bible:
1 Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear. 2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden [His] face from you, So that He will not hear. 3 For your hands are defiled with blood, And your fingers with iniquity; Your lips have spoken lies, Your tongue has muttered perversity.
Before I came to know Jesus I couldn’t understand why God, if He existed, seemed so far away. It was only later that I learned the separation I felt wasn’t because God had withdrawn Himself from me, but that I, through sin, had separated myself from God.
Answer the following questions to discover what the Bible says:
1. What does this first phrase tell you about God?
2. What is iniquity? How is it different from sin?
3. What do these verses tell you about sin and it’s effects?
4. How does sin impact your relationship with God?
Apply God’s Word:
5. How does the concept of sin impact you personally?
6. If sin separates you from God, what is your present status with God?
7. Why do you think sin separates you from God?
8. What does the Bible say that overcomes this consequence?
9. What is the most important part of this lesson to you?
10. How do you see applying this lesson to your life?
11. What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
For more research on sin in the Bible read and study Romans chapter 3. Another verse to discuss about sin is James 4:17. What is it you know to do and then you do not do it? How have you experienced that?
For further information check out: https://coachthebible.com