Understanding the Message of the Bible:
What are your feelings about the good things you have done in your life? What is your legacy?
Dig into the Bible:
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
Many believe heaven awaits them, regardless of faith in God, because they are good people. But we have different opinions as to what is good. Really, we boast in our own goodness. I’m better than that person because I’m not as bad as him. What does God have to say about our standard of goodness?
1. What do these verses say how we are saved?
2. What is it we are saved from?
3. How is being saved a gift from God?
4. What are the works being described here?
5. What would cause us to boast?
Apply God’s Word:
6. How do you get this gift?
7. Where do works fit into our lives?
8. What happens in your heart when you know that you can’t be saved by works?
9. What weight does your righteous deeds carry in your salvation?
10. What can you do to experience the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit?
11. What will you do to receive this gift?
12. What is the most important part of this lesson to you?
13. How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
14. When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
15. What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
For further information check out: https://coachthebible.com