Understanding the Message of the Bible:
How has the statement “be born again” impacted you? What are the implications of that statement?
Dig Into the Bible:
1 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 “Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 “The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” 9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 “Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 “If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 “No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, [that is,] the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 “that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Discover what the Bible says by answering the following questions:
1. Who met Jesus? What was his occupation?
2. Why do you think he came by night?
3. What did you discover about what Jesus meant when He said, “You must be born again”?
4. How did Nicodemus respond?
5. By the end of the conversation what did did he understand?
6. How is God’s love connected to new spiritual birth?
7. What does it mean to believe in the Son of God?
8. What will be the results of that belief?
Apply God’s Word:
9. When you read and understand this, do you know how to be born again?
10. What are the barriers to making that decision?
11. When will you decide to experience new birth and the promise of eternal life?
12. What steps can you take to carry out that decision?
1. What is the most important part of this lesson to you?
2. How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
3. When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
4. What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
For further information check out: https://coachthebible.com