Understanding the Message of the Bible:
What does it feel like to be forgiven? How well do you forgive?
Dig Into the Bible: Let’s look at a verse of Scripture that gives us God’s thoughts on forgiveness. We will look at 1 John 1:9,
1 John 1:9,
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
When we’ve done something of which we are ashamed healing can’t happen if we don’t seek forgiveness for what we’ve done. What often stops us from asking for forgiveness is the uncertainty that we will be forgiven. But that isn’t true with God.
Discover what the Bible says by answering the following questions:
1. What does it mean to confess your sin?
2. What is your definition of sin?
3. What has been your biggest challenge in dealing with sin?
4. What feelings do you experience when you know you have sinned against God?
5. What did you discover about God in this verse?
6. Why is it so important to see God as faithful?
7. Why is it so important to see God as just?
8. How can God forgive our sins?
9. What does it feel like to be cleansed from all unrighteousness?
Apply God’s Word:
10. When you know that this will happen when you confess and agree with God about your sin, what do you experience?
11. What sin are you holding on to that you need to confess and believe that God has forgiven you?
12. When will you do this time of confession?
1. What is the most important part of this lesson to you?
2. How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
3. When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
4. What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
For further information check out: https://coachthebible.com