I have a Reading and Daily Devotional Plan:
What has been your experience in reading the Bible regularly? What have been barriers to having a daily devotional?
“How often do you read the Bible“, George asked his businessman friend from a small group meeting. Bill responded, “I read it when I can, but I am so busy I can’t find time between work, family time, house maintenance and other activities. George asked him how often he eats meals. He responded, “three times a day when I can.” George responded, “What would happen if you didn’t eat?” Bill, with a curious look said, “I would get weak and eventually die.“ “It sounds like eating is important to a vibrant life”, said George. He continued with the metaphor and said, “IF we don’t feed on God’s Word the Bible, we will get weak, and it will impact the strength of our spiritual vibrancy and life.” Bill responded, “That makes sense.” What do I need to do to feed on the Word of God regularly? George with excitement said “I will show you a scripture that lays a foundation for this and a few ideas on how to get started on your daily spiritual eating plan.
Dig Into the Bible:
Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.
When I first received Jesus I tried reading the Bible and struggled with understanding it. I realized that I was trying to read into it instead of letting it reveal God’s mind to me. Once I let the Bible lead me, even in the difficult hard to understand parts, things began to make sense and I wanted to know more.
Discover what the Bible says by answering the following questions:
1. In this verse what does “your words “mean?
2. How does someone eat the words of God?
3. What happens when you eat something? What is the metaphor here?
4. Why do you think the words of God were a joy and a heart’s delight?
5. What has been your experience in eating the Word of God?
6. What happens when we eat the Word of God like our spiritual food?
7. What do you think it means to bear his name?
8. When you are born in a family whose name do you take?
9. When you were born into God’s family who’s name do you bear?
Apply God’s Word:
10. What has been your experience in reading or eating the Word of God?
11. What will you experience if you read and eat the word of God daily?
12. What will stop you from eating the Word of God everyday like eating physical food?
13. What plans have you experienced in regularly reading the word of God?
14. How open are you to begin a new Bible reading plan?
15. What steps can you take to strengthen your Bible reading?
1. What is the most important part of this lesson to you?
2. How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
3. When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
4. What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
For further information check out: https://coachthebible.com/