I DON’T HAVE ENOUGH PATIENCE:
What are the biggest challenges to you character? What steps can you take to grown in patience?
Anger flared once again because the coke can was left out. The father asked, “Why can’t they just put it in the pop can box?” Frustration over the lack of people’s care for little details can irritate nerves. This person’s conclusion along with other frustrations is that “They just don’t care.” “The church doesn’t care.” “The family doesn’t care.” “The wife doesn’t care.” He continued “I am losing my patience with people.” What does the Bible say to help a person know what to do about anger and how to build patience?
DIGGING INTO THE BIBLE:
We suggested that he look at James 5:7-11 (NIV):
7 Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. 8 You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. 9 Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! 10 Brothers and sisters, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11 As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
DISCUSSION AND DISCOVERY:
1. What is your definition of patience?
2. In this passage, what is a key element of patience?
3. What is the example of patience?
4. What feelings are involved in your impatience?
APPLICATION AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
5. What is your biggest struggle concerning patience?
6. What happens to cause you to struggle?
7. What insights do you gain in this passage about how God brings patience into our lives?
8. Where does God’s role fit into learning patience?
9. What is the most important item you need to take steps to have patience?
10. What would one step be to move your forward in this area of life?
11. When will you implement this plan?
12. How can I be of help and provide accountability?
DIGGING IN DEEPER:
1. What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
2. How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
3. When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
4. What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
For further information check out: https://coachthebible.com