I AM FAMILIAR WITH AN “HOUR OF POWER”
When I was a young sailor on board ship, my Navigator leader asked me if I had heard a message by Fulton J. Sheen on “the Hour of Power.” I said no. He invited me to listen to this preacher and I remember his message and some of the quotes.
“He said, did you know that I am not here to entertain you or educate you. I am here so you can experience the power of God.” He then said, “I want you to know that I have power! He paused, then he said,” Do you know why I have power?” He then said, “I have power because every day for the last many years I have spent an hour with God before his throne seeking His face and drawing on the power of God” He then referred to Jesus in Matthew 26:40:
DIGGING INTO THE BIBLE:
Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping, couldn’t you watch with me for one hour? He asked Peter.
DISCUSSION AND DISCOVERY:
1. What is the context of this passage?
2. How do you think Jesus felt when he found them sleeping instead of praying?
3.What did he want for the one hour?
APPLICATION AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
4. What has been your experience so far in your time with God?
5. What are the evidences of His power in your life?
6. What would you like to see in the spiritual power meter of your life?
7. How would you break down the time with the Lord?
8. When would like to get started to your hour with the Lord?
9. How will you record your results and words from the Lord?
NOTE: You can go to the Web and look up a website by Dick Eastman on “Hour That Changes the World”. This will give you some resources to strengthen this hour in your life.
For further information check out: https://coachthebible.com